Sunday, November 8, 2020

Election!

This weeks main theme has been the election!  On Tuesday Anna and I wore our pearls to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg!  Not that I need an excuse to wear my pearls but with this election I want to keep reminding Anna that she can dream and there will always be other women supporting her, no mater the outcome!  Glass ceilings are meant to be broken!  And of course I wore my "I voted" sticker.  I have had it since I dropped off my ballot a few weeks ago at the Clerk Recorder's office and was happy to wear it today!
After Tuesday we waited, it has been a longer process than in other elections due to the large number of mail in ballots so it has been a bit of an anxious week but early Saturday morning election officials noted the results.  And with that, the first female has been elected to the role of Vice President!  And even more heart warming, a woman who is a first generation American and of mixed race!  So excited to see that glass ceiling coming down!  

We also had a big shift in our weather this week!  We went from 90 degrees on Thursday to the low 60's on Friday and rain early Saturday morning!  It is feeling like fall and it is so nice!  

On Saturday morning Anna had her riding lesson and they raised the standards a peg!  getting higher and higher!  

We got a bit more scattered rain Saturday afternoon which almost caused issues with family photos but thankfully we were able to work around it!  Nice to have to work around the rain!  

After coming home and having warm cocoa, we watched the democratic speeches.  Praying for our nation as we need to work together to heal.  And I saw this during the speech and it is a strong visual of the emotion behind this election.


In COVID related news, our nation has seen a very sharp uptick in cases with the highest number of cases day after day.  Hospitalization rates nationwide are also increasing.  Locally we our active cases are at the level we last saw at the beginning of September which was at the end of the last wave we saw.  Thankfully local hospitalization have remained low.  The future continues to have uncertainty but we continue to try and look for the positive!  

No comments: