Sunday, February 13, 2011

Zoo!

Matt and I decided on a whim this morning to take the kids to the zoo. A busy weekend but great to see them having fun.

When we arrived the tiger decided to visit with us. Anna decided to name him "Big Head". We went to see him a few times during our visit and he was out and about a couple of times.

And here he is up close. And this is with no zoom on the camera!
We also saw flamingos and Anna was very excited, although she refused to stand like one so I could take her picture with them.

I had to get a photo of Anna drinking from the fountain! If I remember correctly, there is a photo like this from when I was a kid! Fun to share some of my childhood memories with my own kids!
We were checking out the meerkats. The boys liked that we could push them close to the glass. Anna wishes she could dig like them, we are glad she can't!
After visiting the zoo we went to the park for lunch. Olivier fell asleep on the way home. This is a rare event for Olivier to sleep so quickly, Anna and Mason were still awake and chattering away.

And in case I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, Happy Valentine's Day! We hope you are able to spend some time with those you love!

1 comment:

Kevin and Kristen said...

How fun! We need to take the kids to the zoo again; it has been awhile. Looks like they had fun and tired themselves out!